Getting Started With the Wiki
  • Hey all, new sticky thread about the wiki.

We've been getting _tons_ of edits, mostly thanks to Tuner89 and Cridec. There's still tons of pages that could use some help, so if you were curious on what you can do, check out our initial Help page. Once you got a basic grounding, we have a bunch of Empty pages that need to be filled.

They're all mostly games, so all you'd have to do is to go to the Master Game Template copy the contents, and then click any of the red links in the Empty Pages, and paste the template, and then fill out any useful information. Wikipedia has most of the info you'd need for the fields.

Thanks again for any help!
  • www.gamefaqs.com is also a great source for finding publishers/developers/release dates Just type the name of the game in, and it should all be given to you.

Cridec and I cant do all of this! =P
  • Suggestion: Images. Wanted to put up screenshots.
  • Sloth said:
    Suggestion: Images. Wanted to put up screenshots.

Ah yes.. it looks like uploads are disabled for the wiki. I'll try and fix that tonight and expose the "Upload File" page to the toolbox. We still need to sort of figure out where screenshots will go though. Probably should work on the Master Game Template and figure out a good place for 'em

Jesus, there's so much activity it's insane. We're already at 206 pages and there's been 647 individual edits since it went up.
  • holy shit with wat 100 members?
  • why is there no wiki topic on gamefly lol
  • Sloth said:
    Suggestion: Images. Wanted to put up screenshots.

Good idea, I would also like to put up cover art.
  • Hey, guys, i want to write a review of my own and post it on the wiki thing. Would that be possible? :?
  • Yuri said:
    Hey, guys, i want to write a review of my own and post it on the wiki thing. Would that be possible? :?

Any game can be added to the Wiki, just make sure that you use the master template linked off the games page.

http://www.noobtoob.com/wiki/Master_Game_Template

Cut and paste that into a new page for a game, and review away, there's a section right at the bottom for Noob reviews.
  • Also if the game has already been review by tobin and yuzo you can put your personal review at the bottom of the game page in the section marked NOOB Reviews
  • on the Episode guide I noticed at the bottom a comment about perhaps embedding media.

this site has links to various php scripts to allow for the handling of GoogleVideo, YouTube Videos, SWF and Flash videos

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Flash
  • StealthAssassin said:
    on the Episode guide I noticed at the bottom a comment about perhaps embedding media.

this site has links to various php scripts to allow for the handling of GoogleVideo, YouTube Videos, SWF and Flash videos

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Flash

Oh that's awesome! We'll have to play with that, it'd be cool to drop the youtube vid right into the episode.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week