Updated forum look/features
  • Our resident forum-ninja, Sloth, just updated the forum a bit to include some of the backlog of features we've had for the past few weeks. Enjoy the new wider layout and the additional fields in the memberlist (including xbox gamertags and wii id's.) Oh btw, make sure you go and update your forum profiles with all the information you're cool with sharing. We love to see where everyone is from!

Leave comments and feedback on the new forum here. We'll organize any future feature requests in the Site Requests wiki..

Yw
  • I'm not sure why, but for the past few days I haven't had the "Go to new messages" feature in the forums. It still highlights that a thread has new messages, but I can't go directly to the new ones. Now that we're getting multi-page threads, that's a little frustrating.

Any idea where this feature went?
  • misere said:
    I'm not sure why, but for the past few days I haven't had the "Go to new messages" feature in the forums. It still highlights that a thread has new messages, but I can't go directly to the new ones. Now that we're getting multi-page threads, that's a little frustrating.

Any idea where this feature went?

Aren't you talking about the little voice bubble that's next to the latest poster's name on the topic page? That's how I go to the newest posts in each topic. Or are you talking about something else?
  • Yeah. I'm not seeing those bubbles any more. I checked my preferences and didn't see anything special there, and I didn't change anything. They just vanished.
  • misere said:
    Yeah. I'm not seeing those bubbles any more. I checked my preferences and didn't see anything special there, and I didn't change anything. They just vanished.

Wow, that's annoying. I just tried loading it up in Firefox and IE 7 and it worked in both. Sloth, do you have any ideas?
  • I just logged out of noobtoob and then logged back in. It now says there are no new posts, let's see if that cleared up the issue...
  • its different? i didnt notice
  • Misere, is it ok now?
  • This is incredibly weird. I just saw one of them in the "Episode discussion" forum, but not in any of the other forums.

I realize now that this all started after I was in one of them and used the "Mark all threads as read" link. And now those links are also gone in every forum except for the Episode discussion one. This is really freakin' weird.

After I'm done catching up on stuff I'm going to delete my cookies and see if that's somehow the cause of this.
  • Just an update...it's still happening even after I deleted cookies, and I've also tried connecting from a different browser and an entirely different computer. It's definitely something on the site end and not my machine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week