• http://forums.g4tv.com/messageview.aspx?catid=62&threadid=728251&enterthread=y

Isn't it ironic? We're getting quite a few referrals from the G4 site now.. Too bad he didn't actually include the url.

Yw
  • Pshaw! G4, what a hollow shell. It might have been game oriented in the first months of its existence, but then it was taken over by marketing drones and became a strange, crappy version of Spike TV(which at least has programs that appeal to males on certain base levels). Oh well, I suppose publicity is publicity. :P

Oh, and Buffmaster is pretty much irrelevant. But isn't he still lurking around here with an alt?
  • Lol, Buffmaster's a douche.
  • I really don't see how someone could draw the conclusion that you guys judge games before you play them. Sure, you say that you're excited or not about the New Releases and whether you'll play them or not, but you only ever review things you've played. It's almost as bad as trolling. Like, long range trolling.
  • LMAO! Buffmaster = n00bie f4g
  • you guys probably offended buffmaster when you said the new pokemon game on the wii sucks lol
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    I really don't see how someone could draw the conclusion that you guys judge games before you play them. Sure, you say that you're excited or not about the New Releases and whether you'll play them or not, but you only ever review things you've played. It's almost as bad as trolling. Like, long range trolling.

Yeah it's weird. We get shit on youtube from time to time by people that say we're not allowed to review games without completing them. I _still_ find that pretty odd, I mean, I don't expect a friend of mine to _refuse_ to give an opinion on a game if he just started it. I just ask how long he played, listen to his feelings on that amount of time, and then adjust my viewpoint accordingly. For example, I get real value from hearing Tobin say the beginning of a JRPG game he's playing starts out slow with little gameplay.

I'd like to think we give full disclosure by mentioning how much we've played any particular game. And for previews, the main judgement we tend to pass is more like, "omg that game looks like it's going to KICK ASS", or "ugh, another driving game. pass". Personally I don't see anything wrong with either observation, but I suppose some people do.

I guess it all lies in how people get a majority of their game info from established media, and have a hard time understanding some of the newer forms of critique that are coming out. I think NooBTooB serves its role as the fanatic gaming buddy you have that can give you the skinny on the latest games, and not as a replacement for EGM or Gamespot. We're trying to do something a little different, and quite a few people don't seem to get it, which is unfortunate.

I wonder if there's a better way to convey what we really do. I think avoiding calling what we do "reviews" might be a start, since they're really just impressions and how the games made us "feel". But maybe some of you have better suggestions..

Yw
  • LOL irony!

I like how they all just follow him like good little lemmings.

I could continue, but you all know everything thats wrong with that post.
  • I find it incredibly ironic that the topic was brought up in the g4 forums. In general noobtoob is leaps and bounds ahead of the likes of g4's programming. First off, their "comedy" is atrocious. I cannot sit through any of their bits, whether they be on xplay, aots, their little in between commercial spots ect. This goes for their attempt at the off the cuff humor between the hosts too. I actually find myself becoming frustrated at how many jokes fail when I'm watching g4.(which isn't often) That, and the fact that 3 of the on air hosts actually play games is hilarious to watch. Aside from the guy on aots and the xplay hosts, none of them would be able to carry on a conversation involving games without resorting to citing pong and super mario brothers as their favorites.(which is common among 20-30 somethings who haven't picked up a controller since the 80's) Why did g4 hire hosts who don't play games!?

Anyway, I suppose what I'm trying to say is that if noobtoob were offered a deal on g4, I feel it would be a step down.
  • yuzo said:
    [quote=Jam Enslaver]I really don't see how someone could draw the conclusion that you guys judge games before you play them. Sure, you say that you're excited or not about the New Releases and whether you'll play them or not, but you only ever review things you've played. It's almost as bad as trolling. Like, long range trolling.

I guess it all lies in how people get a majority of their game info from established media, and have a hard time understanding some of the newer forms of critique that are coming out. I think NooBTooB serves its role as the fanatic gaming buddy you have that can give you the skinny on the latest games, and not as a replacement for EGM or Gamespot. We're trying to do something a little different, and quite a few people don't seem to get it, which is unfortunate.

Yw[/quote]

I think you're on the money there. One of them says that you're supposed to be professionals, whereas you are obviously the exact opposite (don't take that the wrong way. I mean purely in the sense that you don't get paid).

And yeah, I love how Buffmaster said the forums are rubbish after being the first person for the better part of a year to be a griefer on them.
  • raskit said:

Good find (+1). That was before he was chucked out for being what I can only imagine is a hat that you wear on your ass (or arse).

EDIT: Make that +1.1! :?
  • Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. But hey, at least there's a silver lining to this. This person obviously thinks that this site is getting too big, and he's wondering why such a "crap" site has so many members (He wouldn't be making a fuss about it otherwise). Remember, all the great minds of the world were criticized once.
  • What does the person mean NooBTooB never plays games before they review them, are they blind? You clearly play the games you review a whole week before the next episode. Urgh, what a moron.
  • Well here's some people with nice things to say.
    http://pasiip.gametrailers.com/gamepad/?action=viewblog&id=78308 :)
  • lol x2

Someone should post the other topic in the new one to expose his shittiness. Also tell of his griefing.
  • Helix said:
    That, and the fact that 3 of the on air hosts actually play games is hilarious to watch. Aside from the guy on aots and the xplay hosts, none of them would be able to carry on a conversation involving games without resorting to citing pong and super mario brothers as their favorites

Every time I go to a gaming event and see Adam Sessler wandering around, he seems to be the biggest loser, sort of moping around with no one around talking to him. It's weird. Of course, Morgan Webb is usually mobbed by adoring, sweaty fans.

It's too bad, G4 is trying desperately to make gaming content that it thinks real gamers want. Why they have such a terrible read on the gaming population is confusing. MTV understands their demographic down to a science, but G4 can't seem to crack it.

Many years ago, I was so happy to get G4 with my new cable subscription -- "holy shit, a video game channel!? RAWK!". Then I actually watched it..

Yw
  • Meh, I'll probably get attacked for this, but whatever...

When G4 first started out the emphasis was on game related content. But several months in, and marked by the departure and replacement of many people on staff there, they were taken over by more generalized business types looking for that quick buck. G4 has sucked ever since. They're okay to watch around E3 time, or perhaps around other game expo's, but that is it. The usual programming is absolutely terrible.
  • Dart said:
    Meh, I'll probably get attacked for this, but whatever...

When G4 first started out the emphasis was on game related content. But several months in, and marked by the departure and replacement of many people on staff there, they were taken over by more generalized business types looking for that quick buck. G4 has sucked ever since. They're okay to watch around E3 time, or perhaps around other game expo's, but that is it. The usual programming is absolutely terrible.

No attacks from me. I agree 100%.
  • Dart said:
    Meh, I'll probably get attacked for this, but whatever...

G4 is a syndication vacuum at this point.

Cops? Ninja Warrior? Arrested Developement? Star treck?A cheaters marathon on the 4th of July? Is that even half of the non-gaming related shows on g4?
  • Wow buff is the exact defination of an assbag. I don't care what anyone says noobtoob is definatly the best forum/podcast out there. And you can quote me on this NoobToob will be the biggest forum/podcast on the internet by 2009. I know it's a bold statement but man you guys really do a great job at what you do. And you should really try and replace those asshats down at G4. Except for Kevin Perrera and Morgan Webb. The rest of them blow ass when it comes to games (Olivia I would keep around only because she keeps me watching AOTS I find myself not watching it when shes not there. And Adam Sessler is good but in a perfect world the X-Play host would have the skills and knowledge of Adan but just a lot less geeker). All in all buff is just a hater because now he has to post in a gay forum they blows ass instead of here. Oh and +1 to Jam Enslaver for the whole Long Range Trolling thing made me lol. Yeah it's to bad that MTV is so up Super Sweet Sixteen ass (I can't stand that show it makes me fell like vomiting everytime I watch it) that they can't see that there demograpic is young people. Young people love video games so dedicate a show or two about video games it's that simple people!
  • Xeo said:
    (Olivia I would keep around only because she keeps me watching AOTS I find myself not watching it when shes not there.)

I have to ask, what is it about her that you like? I mean, aside from the fact that she's nice to look at I absolutely can't stand her.
  • Helix said:
    [quote=Xeo](Olivia I would keep around only because she keeps me watching AOTS I find myself not watching it when shes not there.)

I have to ask, what is it about her that you like? I mean, aside from the fact that she's nice to look at I absolutely can't stand her.[/quote]

Well she does like madden which is a plus...Her voice isn't to annoying...Oh and all the other segments that don't involve games she does pretty well except for the tech stuff all she does is let Will O'neal (by the way keep him) talk about the tech shit and then beg for the shit there advertising. I mean atleast ask questions other than ''Can I have this?''. And shes a pretty good match for Kevin because they have that connectiont that allows them to have a non scripted conversation and still make it atleast mildly ineresting or funny. That was the problem about the first co-host...God what was her name...Anyways name, not important. The important thing was was that she didn't have any real connection with kevin and almost all of the convorsations were scripted. The only parts that were really funny when they were talking is when kevin would rip on her about her large forehead. So really what I'm trying to say is that it's better to stay the safe route and not replace her because you might end up with someone worse. SARAH LANE! That was her name! And it also sucks that sarah had to go and marrie Brendan Moore because he was cool, knew about games and tech, and was actually intersesting and funny. To me he was better than kevin when he was around but than he went and got replaced by Zach Selwyn who's kinda funny but not good for much else. We should probably start our own topic about the shit of G4 since this topic is about buff being a asshole wipe.
  • You think that her LIKING Madden is a plus? No.

Just no.

AOTS was only good when it was The Screen Savers, and the VERY early AOTS days, before everyone started leaving.
  • Omega2k3 said:
    You think that her LIKING Madden is a plus? No.

Just no.

AOTS was only good when it was The Screen Savers, and the VERY early AOTS days, before everyone started leaving.

It's so fashionable to hate Madden. But it's not a reason for it to be a plus. You SURE she likes Madden, though? You do know that 95% of their shit is...yknow...WRITTEN by other people. I personally think she's like ALL THE OTHERS which is...a...say it with me now.

Stupid ho!

she doesn't even have big cans :(

And AOTS was never good to me. ;p But that's just me.
  • Hmm whatever I still like her but mostly because of her looks. And her boobs look bigger in person or up close.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week