Skypecast
  • I recently upgraded to skype 3.0 and noticed that there was a new section called live. I went into the live section and there were these things called skypecasts. they were basically huge voice chat rooms with 10 or more people. I was wondering if on some days some people (like me) from the noobtoob army could host skypecasts? there are also new accessory programs you can download for skype (white board, call recorder, games) so it would be awesome if me, Risbo and some other guys could just hang out.
  • OK I created it. anyone can join in the name of the skypecast is NoobToob-gaming discussion
  • I set it up for 5 hours for a first test run. the sound was fine but I had a few people coming in with microphone problems. One of the bigger problems was that random people were coming in with lots of random background noise. I encourage everyone on noobtoob to get skype 3.0 and help me with this.
  • Apparently the skypecast attracts weirdos :( . me and Tobin tried it out and we tried to get people talking but it was pretty hard since the only people we could actually get on air were this little kid and someone who just flamed skype (but he did it so well that it would not normally be considered flaming). Please help the cause :!: .
  • can't you set a password or something for it?

also, I just realized... could you guys just set up a Teamspeak or Ventrilo server? I forgot the URL's for them, but if you type it in google, it should come right up
  • I'm really sorry tuner. My parents put a super protective firewall on my computer so that Skype and IE are the only programs allowed to access the internet from my PC. I wish I could do Ventrilo since the guy who flamed Skype made it sound cool.
  • hmm, that sort of limits things... Ventrilo and Teamspeak, actaully are very good, I, honestly, have heard nothing but bad reviews for Skype, never actually tried it...
  • Tuner89 said:
    hmm, that sort of limits things... Ventrilo and Teamspeak, actaully are very good, I, honestly, have heard nothing but bad reviews for Skype, never actually tried it...

Teamspeak is more userfriendly but with a very bad voice lag between the users. On the other hand Ventrilo has much better Voice quality, and a much easier way to limit the ammount of Microphone usage on the server, its not as um... user friendly. I currently own and operate a Ventrilo server. We recently moved from Teamspeak and i have noticed some differences between the two but for an overall Ventrilo is the way for me.

As for Skype... im sorry to say but what the hell is that... ive heard of it, just never used it. Sounds like a Sesame Street cookie monster rip off.
  • Skype is a fairly simple,stable, and user friendly voicechat program
  • It's funny that all you guys like voice chat more than text chat.

I'm a much bigger fan of text chat, because I feel like I can go do other stuff at the same time, and I can always scroll back to see what I missed. Voice chat, I have to stay there in order to hear everything, and you can't pass around web links and stuff. I'd much rather have a text chat room.
  • tobin said:
    It's funny that all you guys like voice chat more than text chat.

I'm a much bigger fan of text chat, because I feel like I can go do other stuff at the same time, and I can always scroll back to see what I missed. Voice chat, I have to stay there in order to hear everything, and you can't pass around web links and stuff. I'd much rather have a text chat room.

We're lonely. Voice chat FTW.
  • tobin said:
    It's funny that all you guys like voice chat more than text chat.

http://ventrilo.com/about.php

It does both.
  • quahgg said:
    [quote=tobin]It's funny that all you guys like voice chat more than text chat.

http://ventrilo.com/about.php

It does both.[/quote]

Yes ventrilo is awesomeness... it also has a feature some would call retarded, but it comes in handy for those who dont have a microphone. But can be spammed with useless crap just to annoy people. TTS, Text-to-Speech. Uses Microsoft Sam (or if you have the developers kit of the TTS you get 3 more voices, Marry, Mike, and Sample TTS). If you have Vista you get Microsoft Anna, which has to be the best tts voice there is. cant wait for someone to port it to XP, because i dont want to upgrade to vista.
  • Yes ventrilo is awesomeness... it also has a feature some would call retarded, but it comes in handy for those who dont have a microphone. But can be spammed with useless crap just to annoy people. TTS, Text-to-Speech. Uses Microsoft Sam (or if you have the developers kit of the TTS you get 3 more voices, Marry, Mike, and Sample TTS). If you have Vista you get Microsoft Anna, which has to be the best tts voice there is. cant wait for someone to port it to XP, because i dont want to upgrade to vista.[/quote]

Hehe... the bad thing about TTS is that it can be reeeeeally annoying if put in the wrong hands. The good thing about it is that in your hands you can be reeeeally annoying back. When you have a chance cut and paste this in the TTS chat:

()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]
    {}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]()[]{}[]
  • Ack! :shock: I brokle the thread!! Sorry :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week