Episode #015 - 10/17/2006
  • Discuss this week's episode here!

Yuzo and I experiment with Skype in preparation for his trip to Japan. I think it comes out pretty damn well. Also, we crap all over the new Spyro game. Let us know what you think!
  • I have the Japanese version of WTF titled Baito Hell 2000 and it is awesome. A number of the games are fairly "meh" but some of them are quite fun and enjoyable in the short bursts for which they are designed. Luckily, the Ramen Timer made it in the US version which is one of those things that makes the title WTF (in alternating meaning of that title) pretty accurate.

As far as DMC3 - it is actually a prequel to the series so chronologically it comes first. Knowing what happened in the other two doesn't really help you in the prequel other than knowing where Dante eventually ends up =)
  • lol @ vegemite. I've attached it to so many overseas parcels and the reaction is gold.

Bully's been renamed to Canis Canem Edit, (in aus) which is the school moto, 'dog eat dog'. Don't be fooled by the name or any condemnation heard of it so far; advocating teen violence etc. If anything, Canis Canem Edit is incredibly clever, with the main protagonist being more of a 'defender of the weak'/morals and his fights not ending in blood but with a humiliation move. Such as a 'stop hitting yourself' technique. There's a mission where you stand up for the nerds because its just moral and yeah... The first boss fight even ends with not a KO or anything, but Jimmy (main char) giving the guy a lecture. o_O

Overall, Canis Cenem Edit is incredibly well thought out, with its gameplay revolving more around social interaction than fight scenes.

With the PS3 pre-orders, here in Aus, its ... ... ... Well, its been around since September, lol.

LOL. "Yeah, but he's also in like Australia and maybe they have issues..." =P Yeah we do, region lock is a fucking nightmare for the Aussie game community. There are all your mainstream regions then there's our region which is us and New Zealand. lol. The time it takes to translate games to english from jap titles is incomparable to the time it takes for it to be pal encoded or something. Pirates also attack our game import ships/planes therefore we get maybe 1/2 of the games america gets. We don't even have DDR on our consoles unless you import.

Japan is heaps fun. You have to buy a little gundam make it yourself toy, lol. The mechanics and parts of the cheapest ones pwn so much. Be a true jap and shout an 'EH?' in the next noobtoob please. =P

And yeah... "..." @ the toll free number, lol.

Oh yeah, add me on skype? 'subSloth'. Anybody? ... No? ... =(
  • I have a Skype account but never use it because all my friends are asleep when I am awake (I work overnights).
  • Jakanden said:
    I have the Japanese version of WTF titled Baito Hell 2000 and it is awesome. A number of the games are fairly "meh" but some of them are quite fun and enjoyable in the short bursts for which they are designed. Luckily, the Ramen Timer made it in the US version which is one of those things that makes the title WTF (in alternating meaning of that title) pretty accurate.

So I picked it up for my trip and I haven't unlocked that ramen timer one. The other ones I've played have been pretty lame so far though -- I dunno if I want to keep slogging through to get to the more interesting ones, but you're right, it's kinda fun to pop it open on the train and play a couple of games. Full review on the next ep.

Sloth said:
    Overall, Canis Cenem Edit is incredibly well thought out, with its gameplay revolving more around social interaction than fight scenes.

Man I'm so bummed I can't give that game a try for a few more weeks still. Maybe by that time Tobin will be done with it and I can borrow it so
    I don't have to shell out the cash :). I really like the thought of alternative conflict resolution and more emphasis on social interaction in these kind of games. I'm hoping Mass Effect will absolutely nail it..

Yw
  • So, I've had the latest issue of the Official Playstation Magazine for awhile, but I haven't tried out the Killzone: Liberation demo for the PSP yet.

I finally plopped it in the back of of $250 paper weight and it seems like it's entire purpose is to update your PSP firmware to version 2.71. Sneaky sneaky sneaky.

I don't really do the whole homebrew thing on my PSP - it just basically collects dust and looks pretty in my console-collection shelf - so I didn't mind updating. For the people who are into that beware.

The update did have so cool new features like updated video codecs and the ability to download PSP demo's to a memory stick and play them. But, who knows when I'll have the time or the patients to find PSP demos...[/b]
  • I am a homebrew whore with my PSP. I love remote controlling my PC with it, playing SNES/NES/Genesis/et al games on it, using it as a PDA, etc.

Luckily, there is homebrew out there that allows me to keep my 1.5 firmware yet fool games into thinking I am running 2.7 firmware so I can play them without having to upgrade =)
  • Russ said:
    So, I've had the latest issue of the Official Playstation Magazine for awhile, but I haven't tried out the Killzone: Liberation demo for the PSP yet.

I finally plopped it in the back of of $250 paper weight and it seems like it's entire purpose is to update your PSP firmware to version 2.71. Sneaky sneaky sneaky.

They really hooked me with that magazine. Plus I was furious about the $10 cover price, so I ended up subscribing. You get a whole year for like $1.50 per issue. I love the idea of getting a new demo every month on the PS2. Soon, we'll just be able to download all of our demos, though. Physical media is obsolete. :)
  • Bully video; http://www.gamebrink.com/playstation-2/1833-Bully-video-2.html lol

I think this is overrated. The sims have had this stuff for ages.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week