Yuzo and Tobin: How did you know eachother?
  • Man, two gamers, two game reviewers, two DRUNKS. But the most well-reasoned gamer reviewing drunks I've ever known.

But how did two gaming titants ever came to meet?

So if Tobin or Yuzo or both would like to answer, it'd be very appreciated.
  • I'm neither Tobin or Yuzo but interesting thread, noobie for you!
  • im betting college.
  • I'm betting Tobin was working behind some computer inputting pointless code into a machine running Windows 98 and Yuzo came in as the new kid and got assigned a seat right next to Tobin.
  • My guess would be them two meeting in a session of "Achievement Point Whoring Anonymous."
  • previously dating perhaps?
  • They both work together.
  • Match.com ftw.

Ugh... seriously I think they say how they met in one episode... It was a beatiful sunset if I remember correctly.
  • Ha ha, I actually think they didn't meet through college. Maybe just working buddies who had a funny idea that became...more of an idea.
  • Well you see, since before each of them could remember they had half of an amulet shaped like a tiny box of wine...
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    Well you see, since before each of them could remember they had half of an amulet shaped like a tiny box of wine...

ok i lol'd heres a noobie.. o wait nvm
  • neomaster said:
    [quote=Jam Enslaver]Well you see, since before each of them could remember they had half of an amulet shaped like a tiny box of wine...

ok i lol'd heres a noobie.. o wait nvm[/quote]

Remember that lol and give me one later!
  • Ok here's the story..

Tobin and I went to university in Pittsburgh and overlapped by two years, but we didn't know each other, though we did have a number of friends in common. Many years later he went to work for Sun, and I bumped around various places and landed in the same group as him. We knew each other a little and talked a bit about games for the three years I was there, until he jumped ship for a startup. A few months later he recruited a team mate of mine, and I was starting to sour on working at a big company so I got him to recruit me as well. At our new job we spent a lot of time talking about all the new games we played, and gradually came to the realization that other people might find it interesting so we decided to start noobtoob.

And so it goes..

Yw
  • yuzo said:
    Ok here's the story..

Tobin and I went to university in Pittsburgh and overlapped by two years, but we didn't know each other, though we did have a number of friends in common. Many years later he went to work for Sun, and I bumped around various places and landed in the same group as him. We knew each other a little and talked a bit about games for the three years I was there, until he jumped ship for a startup. A few months later he recruited a team mate of mine, and I was starting to sour on working at a big company so I got him to recruit me as well. At our new job we spent a lot of time talking about all the new games we played, and gradually came to the realization that other people might find it interesting so we decided to start noobtoob.

And so it goes..

Yw

*Pick of destiny music plays through out this*
  • i like the other stories better :?
  • i know this is prolly a n00bus question, but what do you yuzo and tobin do for a living? like what does the company you work for, do, or produce? and what is it you actuelly do?
  • MuddyV1 said:
    i know this is prolly a n00bus question, but what do you yuzo and tobin do for a living? like what does the company you work for, do, or produce? and what is it you actuelly do?

I think that would make a great thread itself *Hint, Hint* :lol:

Probably more reasonable.
  • MuddyV1 said:
    i know this is prolly a n00bus question, but what do you yuzo and tobin do for a living? like what does the company you work for, do, or produce? and what is it you actuelly do?

This is just a guess, Advertising department? Promoting their boxed wine to all viewers.
  • Eh,for Yuzo IIRC its something to do with a cellphone version of Google or 411. You dial the number and ask about something and it spits back answers. He's a bit cloak and dagger about further details though.

As for Tobin, his job is just a cover. I'm pretty sure he participates in robot gladiatorial matches in and underground gambling ring. Its good money, if you can build a robot that wins. He's also cloak and dagger about it, I don't even know if he took my suggestion for modifying the unit for a combination of pneumatic 'flipper' and giant drill. Drills are, to my understanding, still somewhat uncommon, yet brutally effective if aimed properly. This is especially true if you flip your opponent. It makes a good spectacle, to see the sparks flying twelve feet through the air, and the crowds agree, or so I'm told. :wink:
  • neomaster said:
    [quote=yuzo]Ok here's the story..

And so it goes..

Yw

*Pick of destiny music plays through out this*[/quote]

• Jam Enslaver said:
    [quote=neomaster][quote=yuzo]Ok here's the story..

And so it goes..

Yw

image[/quote]

I would give you a noobie if it weren't for FUCKING BUFFMASTER!!, that bitch
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    [quote=neomaster][quote=yuzo]Ok here's the story..

And so it goes..

Yw

image[/quote]

Funny as Hell. We need a wallpaper like that, XD.
  • Dart said:
    Eh,for Yuzo IIRC its something to do with a cellphone version of Google or 411. You dial the number and ask about something and it spits back answers. He's a bit cloak and dagger about further details though.

Yeah, I don't like to p1mp our stuff too much on the show since it's cheesy, but yeah, dial 1800-555-TELL and you can see the kind of stuff we do. (note, say business search at the prompt to get free 411).

Yw
  • You mean 555 numbers actually exist?
  • yuzo said:
    [quote=Dart]Eh,for Yuzo IIRC its something to do with a cellphone version of Google or 411. You dial the number and ask about something and it spits back answers. He's a bit cloak and dagger about further details though.

Yeah, I don't like to p1mp our stuff too much on the show since it's cheesy, but yeah, dial 1800-555-TELL and you can see the kind of stuff we do. (note, say business search at the prompt to get free 411).

Yw[/quote]

I called, but I didn't see anything, I only heard.

*rim shot*
  • LOL, *imagines yuzo getting countless amount of calls from n00bt00b3rs*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week