New NooBTooB Army Banner

Im not very proud of it, but it works for me. Opinions?
  • needs to be darker and with a camo font
  • NoobToob: Army of Two
  • Omega2k3 said:

fuking awsome
  • That's pretty decent.

Let's begin the NoobToob invasion.
  • Omega trumps me. What font did you use for army?
  • Magical font! (Red Right Hand)

Which one looks better:

image or image
  • Can you balance it somehow? Maybe another logo for Army...reason is, to me (I've worked in advertising so I see these types of things) that there's more blank space in the open underneath the R than on the other side, which they wont match perfectly, but to my eye it looks like a big hole. Any ideas how we can get that working out so it looks symmetrical as hell? Or am I truly the only one who sees this and it put off by the space? It's just me being incredibly nitpicky, though.
  • Omega: the one on the left, with the "A" angled down with the chevron-thing
  • Sunflower4000 said:
    Can you balance it somehow? Maybe another logo for Army...reason is, to me (I've worked in advertising so I see these types of things) that there's more blank space in the open underneath the R than on the other side, which they wont match perfectly, but to my eye it looks like a big hole. Any ideas how we can get that working out so it looks symmetrical as hell? Or am I truly the only one who sees this and it put off by the space? It's just me being incredibly nitpicky, though.

I was fucking with it for like half an hour, and I can't seem to make it look right with that font.

image Does this look acceptable?
  • The one on the left.
  • Omega2k3 said:
    [quote=Sunflower4000]Can you balance it somehow? Maybe another logo for Army...reason is, to me (I've worked in advertising so I see these types of things) that there's more blank space in the open underneath the R than on the other side, which they wont match perfectly, but to my eye it looks like a big hole. Any ideas how we can get that working out so it looks symmetrical as hell? Or am I truly the only one who sees this and it put off by the space? It's just me being incredibly nitpicky, though.

I was fucking with it for like half an hour, and I can't seem to make it look right with that font.

image Does this look acceptable?[/quote]

couldnt you extend the r in some way, by maybe photoshopping or something
  • Either you could skew part of the R to go downwards, or maybe pull up part of the M?
  • pull the uther side up and put yuzo and tobins heads in the gaps lol
  • I love it, back seat photoshopping.

Omega, you deserve it too with your "pick up the grog" nonsense :)

Yw - nice image though!
  • I'm going to try pulling up the M, that would probably look better, and I could put the star in the middle.

Like this:

[Collaborative Photoshop, not backseat!]
  • That one is awesome.
  • There ya go! Right on. Nice and symmetrical for my mind.
  • Except that the arrow-like thing at the bottom's right arm is distinctly shorter than the left arm.
  • Jam Enslaver said:
    Except that the arrow-like thing at the bottom's right arm is distinctly shorter than the left arm.

Are you sure? I squinted about it, but it looked like one of those almost-optical illusions, when they ask you which line is straight, or whatever. Someone draw a line between the two, we'll see if it's straight?
  • Sunflower4000 said:
    [quote=Jam Enslaver]Except that the arrow-like thing at the bottom's right arm is distinctly shorter than the left arm.

Are you sure? I squinted about it, but it looked like one of those almost-optical illusions, when they ask you which line is straight, or whatever. Someone draw a line between the two, we'll see if it's straight?[/quote]
    The bottom image is just flipped using paint. The illusion of them being the same length is caused by the left arm reaching to the edge of the left leg of the 'A', and the right arm reaching as far as the edge of the centre-line of the 'Y', which obviously isn't as far.
  • hah, I wasn't looking at the proper place, for some reason I thought you were talking about the points on the end.
  • Yeah, I was already aware of that. The first alteration I did was to flip the bottom of the A to at least shorten what I could. It's uneven because the chevron connects to the bottom of the Y, which is sticking out. There's no way to get it even, unless I put the chevron in the middle of the A, and that would just be floating there and look dumb.
  • You could put the chevron going to where the outer edge of the Y would be, but then obviously you'd have a big black gap on the right hand side. It looks good as it is and I'm not really bothered about it being symmetrical.
  • good job omega, looks good. i didnt even notice the lack of symmetry.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week