NoobToob Chat?
  • Is there a way to set up a Chat room on the site that you could IM in, and mabey have a little more realtime discussion?. Or possibly along with that have it voice chat capable, if people have mic headsets. It would be like a gaming Noob Toob chat room, that, noobtoobers could interct with other members on.
  • Ooooh, voice chat would be awesome. I'd prefer that to typing cos then I can talk and still do stuff. But I dunno, voice looks scary and hard to set up.

An instant chatroom for the forums would be a good idea.
  • would it be msn or aim? or something compleatly differnt
  • It would probably be a java-powered chatroom like an IRC chat room.

That's an interesting idea, I'll look into how easy it is to set one up this weekend.

If you see any website chatroom programs on the net, let me know.
  • Arent you a software developer yourself Tobin :) ?
  • gwenster said:
    Arent you a software developer yourself Tobin :) ?

Haha, between my actual job, playing games, and producing NooBTooB every week, you think I have enough free time to go write a chat room? :)
  • Uhm , yes ? :roll:

plans to have Tobin eliminated from the point whoring race this way
  • Couldn't we use a skypecast channel for voicechat?
  • tobin said:
    [quote=gwenster]Arent you a software developer yourself Tobin :) ?

Haha, between my actual job, playing games, and producing NooBTooB every week, you think I have enough free time to go write a chat room? :)[/quote]

Well some other alternative you could use would be a VoIP program... like Teamspeak or Ventrilo (i perfer ventrilo cause it has a better voice quality). Or you could get an IRC chatroom on a smaller IRCd so you dont have alot of stupid people that like to IDLE in new channels or what not. If you go the IRC route erm, JIRC is probably the best bet on a Web Based Java IRC applet.

As far as creating one, personally i hate Java.
  • Well, I see we got an IRC now... I havnt seen any one ever on it though...
  • Tuner89 said:
    Well, I see we got an IRC now... I havnt seen any one ever on it though...

Yeah, I just tried to join and it said the server was full. I might need to pick a better IRC server to run the channel on. If any of you guys are big into IRC and have a favorite server, let me know.
  • quakenet ftw ..
    is the java room up ? i know its very easy to set one up on a page , maybe some anoying adds on it , but nothing like a real problem
  • tobin said:
    [quote=Tuner89]Well, I see we got an IRC now... I havnt seen any one ever on it though...

Yeah, I just tried to join and it said the server was full. I might need to pick a better IRC server to run the channel on. If any of you guys are big into IRC and have a favorite server, let me know.[/quote]

id perfer a more low traffic irc server, just me because most of the "BIG" irc servers are clustered with tons of spam bots, get DDOS attacks by the minute... ill PM you the irc server i never have any connection problems with, and its more or less about gaming...
  • Connecting...
    Unable to connect : null

:?
  • Yuzo, Tuner89, and me ridec have been using the chat all day and Iam in it right now, you have to try and connect a few times or wait a litte while but it wil eventually go in, it is annyoing to load but it is awesome after.
  • Cridec said:
    Yuzo, Tuner89, and me ridec have been using the chat all day and Iam in it right now, you have to try and connect a few times or wait a litte while but it wil eventually go in, it is annyoing to load but it is awesome after.

I have no idea why thats happening. >_<<br />
    It seems to connect first time for me fine. Must fix~
  • I have used ventrilo before because of WoW and the voice quality is great and is easy to use. Plus it is FREE download, but you have to pay around 15 i think...... but I just found out that if you are trying to (rent) a server that don't have one between US and Austrailia. Bummer
  • Okay, I've switched us to the new server that Graffik recommended. It seems a lot less crowded, which is great.

If you're in the chat room now, close it out and click on the IRC chat link again. It will join the correct server. See you there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week