Officially unofficial gaming deals thread
  • Games are expensive, there is no hiding this fact. "In this time of economic crisis" we need to pinch every penny and get the most for our dollar. We use the resources of the Noobtoob podcast and the various other offspring podcasts and review forum (gulp) to know which games to buy, and which to avoid. However, just knowing which games to buy is half the battle!

This is why we, the staff, have decided it would be a good idea to create a central hub for all you bargain hunters to post deals you find. I only ask that you guys follow some very simple guidelines:

1) Please post the source for the deal (Be it CAG, Joystiq, whoever). If you come across a deal in a store, please post YMMV which means "Your mileage may vary".

2) Please post what region the deal is for. This helps people from different countries find relevant information.

3) If possible, post the time frame of the deal (ex.. Jan 5 - 10).

Examples:

[Canada] [Expired]
    Amazon.ca:
    12+1 Xbox Live Gold Subscription - $47.99
    Source

[Canada]
    At Block Buster Video:
    RSV2 ($10) / Endwar ($30) / Assassin's Creed ($15) - 360
    Source

Happy hunting!
  • Excellent idea for a thread - Not sure why we've never had this before! I'll post whatever I find!

I'll start off with my favorite store

Amazon.com has 10% off video game accessories right now Amazon

as well as Gears of War 2 and 3 months of XBL for $54 bucks.

This is for US only
  • I got one. This Sunday, in the US (not sure of Canader) Ninja Gaiden 2 is $9.99 at Best Buy. Pick it up if you own a 360.
  • I checked at Canadian Best Buys and Ninja Gaiden is still $60.00 the $10.00 deal is US ONLY.
  • Ok, I came across the following offer tonight in the most surprising place possible ASDA. I seriously never thought I'd buy a game from a Supermarket but I have and check it out below!

[UK]
    ASDA
    Farcry 2 - £21.00
    YMMV
    EDIT: DEAL OVER
  • [UK]
    Gameplay.co.uk
    Mirror Edge (Xbox 360) - £17.98
    Source

[UK]
    Play.com
    Halo 3 (Xbox 360) - £12.99
    Source
  • club.nintendo.com,
    register your wii/ds games for free goodies,
    i guess this was available to the japanese for a while and made available to the us a couple months ago i think
  • Harvey Norman Australia

Game sales until the 30/01/2009

Orange Box 360 $30 - $45
    Cars 360 $19
    Dead Rising 360 $19
    Saints Row 1 360 $19
    FarCry 2 360/PS3 $63
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2 360/PS3 $38
    Assassins Creed 360/PS3 $38
    Bioshock 360 $30
  • [Canader]
    Apparently this week Zellars is have a deal where if you buy one video game accessory, you receive the next one 50% off. From the thread I found this on, it apparently works with XBL point cards. Not too sure though, so we'll see tomorrow when the flyer starts.
    Source

Edit: This isn't a gaming deal, but still a freaking good deal.

[Everyone Pretty Much]
    Amazon is selling the complete boxset of the TV series "The Wire" for $81.99 USD. I really shouldn't have bought it, but it was way too good to pass. The total cost for someone living in Canada is $127. Highly, highly recommended you all buy it.
    Source
  • Yet another deal from our friendly supermarket.

[UK]
    ASDA
    Saints Row 2 - £23.00
    YMMV
  • Gameshark said:
    [Canader]
    Apparently this week Zellars is have a deal where if you buy one video game accessory, you receive the next one 50% off. From the thread I found this on, it apparently works with XBL point cards. Not too sure though, so we'll see tomorrow when the flyer starts.
    Source

Here's the flyer. Sorry for the shit quality, my scanner won't run for some reason.

[spoiler:c4cdb7f13e]image[/spoiler:c4cdb7f13e]

Here's another game related item in the same flyer:

[spoiler:c4cdb7f13e]image[/spoiler:c4cdb7f13e]

Update: This deal does work with points cards. At least Wii points. When I went to Zellers I got 4000 Wii Points for $30 CND. They did not have any XBLA Points cards there.
  • This deal is mostly beneficial for people in the PAL territories.

Street Fighter IV PS3 and 360 available for preorder at cdwow.com.au

PS3 and 360 versions

$62 Australian which is:

$40 US or $49 Canadian or $31 Euros or $29 GB Pounds.

Edit: Forgot to add that it is free shipping worldwide and I do not know how long this deal will last.
  • Some good news for fellow Canadians.

EbGames, Best Buy and Futureshop are all selling the game over the the MSRP at $69.99 canadian. That's not right at all.

Now we can pre-order the game at amazon.ca for $59.99:

xbox360: SF4
    PS3: SF4

Now on to the good part:

If you enter the code MAPNEWNCSAVE you get $10 off on a purchase of over $40.
    There are conditions:
    1- Need a new account
    2- Need a credit card that has not been used on amazon.ca (maybe, not confirmed)

I got SF4 for $49.99 + free shipping + taxes

This code works with any item, as long as you meet the conditions.
  • [UK]
    amazon.co.uk
    Mirrors Edge (Xbox 360 and PS3) - £17.96
    Source
    This is a deal of the week so I imagine it will go back up after this week

[UK]
    Argos.co.uk
    Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360) - £9.99
    Source
    Kind of gutted about this one as I bought it 2 weeks ago for £35

[UK]
    Toys 'r' us
    Devil May Cry 4 (Xbox 360) - £19.99
    YMMV

[UK]
    Blockbuster
    Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360) - £17.99
    YMMV
  • I would like to recommend Defcon, which is on Steam for only £5.99. I picked it up yesterday and it's good fun.
  • Amazon Deal of the week, Left4Dead, £25! For 360, think it's UK only. I will be getting this
    Link
  • Amazon is selling Dead Space for the 360 and PS3 for $46.99!! The deal gets better though! If (when) you use the coupon Chainsaw talked about you get the game for $36.99 with free shipping. With tax, you get one of the best games in 08 for 40 bucks. Not bad, eh?

Xbox 360

PS3
  • [UK]
    game.co.uk
    The Club (360/PS3)- £9.98
    Source
    I suspect this is a deal that will stay for a while, because maybe many never bought the Game, GAME are selling it all, Who knows....

[UK]
    game.co.uk
    Street Fighter IV (360/PS3/PC)- £29.99
    Source
    Street Fighter 4, pre order it from there I think it will be 30 pound till the Release of SF4

Guess thats enough from me, hopefully some more cheap games coming up from GAME
  • DP said:
    Amazon Deal of the week, Left4Dead, £25! For 360, think it's UK only. I will be getting this
    Link

Someone else buy this game... please I have very few people to play this with :D
    Play.com are also doing Left 4 Dead for a similar price.

[UK]
    Play.com
    Left 4 Dead (Xbox 360) - £24.99
    Source

[UK]
    Toys 'r' us
    The Darkness (Xbox 360) - £9.99
    YMMV

[UK]
    Play.com
    John Woo Presents: Stranglehold (Xbox 360) - £6.99
    Source
  • HMV sells their SF4 games for 59.99 CAD. I personally was not pleased to hear that SF4 was going to be 69.99 (CAD) at futureshop, bestbuy, EB and pretty much all major retailers. But today, i stopped by HMV near queen st. and john st. (in toronto) and they had plenty of copies left as well as a good 59.99 price tag for the game. For Canadian gamers who are thinking of getting Street Fighter 4, you should check out your local HMV and save 10 bucks. Oh, and the collector's edition was $ 79.99 CAD, instead of 89.99 elsewhere.
  • seriously? but i was on the hmv.ca websiste and they listed it for 69.99 omg what should i do?? should i just walk over to futureshop or take 20 minute bus to hmv... and find outs it's 69.99 .. i'm still debating whether i should get it... i have like 3 exams to study for and 4 more games that i need to finish up before the end of this reading weekk ahhh
  • Tigerdirect has the 40Gig PS3 for $289.

Looks like a referb with a 90 day warranty.
  • [United States]
    Amazon
    Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition (Xbox 360) - $34.98
    Source

[United States]
    Amazon
    Saints Row 2 Collector's Edition (Playstation 3) - $34.98
    Source

Just ordered mine about 10 minutes ago. This game has gotten far better acclaim on NoobToob than GTA4. Awesome price!
  • [United States]
    Amazon
    Sins of a Solar Empire Collectors Edition (PC) - $19.98
    Source

Between the main podcast and the Modcast, Sins is another NoobToob favorite. I'd bite on this one except my PC is crap. :(
  • [United States]
    Amazon
    Fallout 3 (PS3) - $34.98
    Source

If you are a PS3 owner and don't have this game - BUY NOW!. Game of the year for most here on the forum, and this price is excellent. Easily 50+ hours of game play coupled with great humor, atmosphere, and game mechanics. What are you still reading for? Go buy it!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week