UGC Wild Card! (Write-in Vote)
  • Alright, so you've looked over all the categories and saw all the nominated UGC....

What got shafted that really deserved an award?

The winner with the most write-in responses will be awarded the Wild Card award!

Please rank your Wild Card ballot from 1st place to 3rd place.

1st Place: UGC
    2nd Place: UGC
    3rd Place: UGC

Write-in Votes will be based on a points system.

Each 1st place vote will be worth 3 points, 2nd place will be worth 2 points, and 3rd place will be worth 1 point.

If you only want to nominate one piece of UGC, please don't put it in all 3 categories. Just place it in the 1st place slot and move on. However, you are encouraged to fill all 3 slots because there's plenty of UGC that didn't make it to voting.

The UGC with the most points at the end of the voting period (12am CST, 6am GMT January 8th) will be given the UGC Wild Card Award!

Please do not write-in a piece of UGC that is already in one of the poll categories. This is for content that was left out of voting (content that was nominated by members but didn't make it to voting can still be used).

This is your chance to save your favorite UGC that didn't make it through!

Let the write-in's begin!
  • 1. Magenta singing "My heart will go on"
    2. Magenta singing "My heart will go on"
    3. Magenta singing "My heart will go on"
  • 1st Place: Magenta singing "My heart will go on"
    2nd Place: TooBNooBs
    3rd Place: Bald Song
  • 1. Bald Song
    2. Bald Song
    3. Hmm... Bald Song?
  • demiveeman said:

If you only want to nominate one piece of UGC, please don't put it in all 3 categories. Just place it in the 1st place slot and move on. However, you are encouraged to fill all 3 slots because there's plenty of UGC that didn't make it to voting.

Haha..yeah its funny....but please try and not break the system.
  • 1st - Magenta singing, "My Heart Will Go On."
    2nd - Lazlo Vs Halo 3
    3rd - NoobToob Army Chronicles (Not sure if this ones valid so correct me if its not)
  • 1. Demiveemans Interviews
  • 1st: The Bald Song
  • 1. Community Profile
    2. Lazlo vs. Halo 3
    3. Roll-on (Smash Bros. Rap)
  • To avoid confusion, I am inserting this post to show the cut off date for voting in case one of our excited noobs necromances this thread from the dead and raises questions into the authenticity of said winner.

Congrats to whoever ahead of time.
  • quahgg said:
    in case one of our excited noobs necromances this thread from the dead and raises questions into the authenticity of said winner.

Unless my math is wrong multiple times, I am questioning the authenticity of Magenta's win in this category. As I have now counted again, it was indeed a tie between the bald song and Magenta's titanic theme. For some reason, demi said that magenta is the sole winner of this category, but it was in fact a tie.

It's rigged I tell you, RIGGED.
  • I'm counting both 9 for Magenta and 9 for the Bald song.

I'm curious as to how first place decided out of that?
  • Before you try and look for a conspiracy.

You will plainly see that:

MixedUpzombies said:
    1. Iceman is so Bald Meme
    2.Bald song
    3.Lucien Lachance makes a noobtoob web comic http://www.noobtoob.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5813&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=noobtoob+comic&start=0

MixedUpZombies voted first place for the "meme" itself, and second place for the Song.

Because he specified, The Bald Song only ended up with 7 points.

But thank you for your concern.
  • Mixedupzombies: 2 points for bald song
    Lucien: 3 points for Magenta
    Ajconst: 3 points for Magenta, 1 point for bald song
    Winsord: 3 points for bald song
    Eidelon: 3 points for Magenta
    ExmasCarroll: 3 points for bald song

Bald: 2 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 9
    Magenta: 3 + 3 + 3 = 9
  • MixedUpzombies nominated the Bald song for 2 points.
    AJ nominated the Bald song for a 1 point.
    Winsord nominated the Bald song for 3 points.
    And I nominated it for 3 points.

=9 points worth of nomination for the Bald song.

Lucien nominated Magenta for 3 points.
    AJ nominated Magenta for 3 points
    Eidelon nominated for 3 points

=9 points worth of nominations for Magenta.

Care to explain?
  • Ahh, well it appears that despite my efforts to be far, it was a tie.

So, congratulations to the multi-cast of the Bald Song. Apologies for the error!

You will be post-credited in both the UGC Awards Highlights Video, and, to make up for the mistake, will get a full play of the song during the 2nd Annual UGC Awards.

EDIT:

I may have made the tie-breaker "Most 1st Place Votes" and for that, I apologize that I did not make the tie-breaker clear in the first post in the topic.

I would also like to add that I am only one person, and yes, despite my amazing awesomeness and god-like status on the internet, DO make mistakes from time to time.
  • Fuzzy said:

I agree with this image.

That is all, thank you.

I will happily rescind my win - I didn't want it anyway, fuck you XD
  • If you were to use logic in a tied situation; on a count back Magenta had more first place votes then the bald song, making him the winner.
  • Why apologize? You worked hard on this, and under stress of Live recording so what if you forgot a detail. Let the babies cry and flip em off. YOU CAN'T EVER PLEASE EVERYONE, especially those that don't wish to be pleased in the first place.
  • quahgg said:
    Let the babies cry and flip em off. YOU CAN'T EVER PLEASE EVERYONE, especially those that don't wish to be pleased in the first place.

Well excuse me if I want to create some content for your community. I will be sure to keep your positive, encouraging attitude in mind next time.
  • He's right though. You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but never all of the people all of the time - I believe it was said to me a while back. The UGC Awards may not have been to everyone's taste but I found them bloody enjoyable.

I suppose my personal issue is that. You're generally acting as though the awards were 'bad' rather than 'personally unenjoyable' - haven't seen a single post from you on the subject that wasn't spent taking potshots at it. Makes it rather hard to take your opinion seriously.
  • My main issue is not with the awards themselves, it's simply demi's mistake of miscounting. On the subject of the awards themselves, the main problem I had was that nothing happened for too long. The various things that happened were mainly pretty good (HP1704's chat with demi was abso-fucking-lutely hilarious, lucien acting as hyper as usual was awesome and the nerd got played just seriously made me go "WTF?"), but there was so much nothing that I found myself bored. I know that demi's illness and lack of sleep caused this, and that is the reason I will watch next year's awards.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week