Listener Homework: What other podcasts do you listen to?
  • Hey all, easy homework this week.. List all the other podcasts (video and audio) you like to consume. Bonus points for giving links to the main web sites, and a short description and what you like about them.

Yw
  • Infected by Martin Sargent.

This Little gem of Podcasty goodness Is basically just random. At Some Moments, It can be sorta techy,And while most moments sorta not techy in the slightest way possible.:D
    Its hard to explain, but any fans of Martin's Short lived show "Unscrewed by Martin Sargent" on TechTV Will really enjoy some more of the Sarge.

The Website can be found here at http://revision3.com/infected And Martin's Personal Blog can be found here at http://sargeworld.com/

Warning, not for the easily offended. Prolly not good for children my age either, but my childhood was killed the moment i discovered the internet...*shudders*
  • Yuzo, we already have a topic like this, please use the search function to find it ;p

That being said, the only other ones I listen to is the CAGcast, and the Adam Carolla show. And you guys, of course.

Hm, should I lock the sticky? Decisions, decisions... :)
  • I have a pretty long list... these are my gaming podcasts:
    1up Yours
    EGM Live
    1up Retronauts
    The Hotspot (gamespot)
    Ign Gamescoop
    Ign Wii-k in Review

and I regularly watch

On the Spot (Gamespot)
    1up Show

and obviously Noobtoob!!!!!
  • Only other podcast i watch, dont even no if its considered a podcast (a daily video on youtube) is TNA Today, TNA = wrestling >_>, just an update on recent happening and stuff, just a short 10min video. Noobtoob is my one and only gaming podcast :).
  • ok appart from noobtoob, i hear a bunch of podcast i am more podcast whore than yuzo and most of you out there, i dont feel happy if i dont have some podcast running while i have free time, this keeps my english fresh and i am in date on many things and i have something to meanwhile making my homework.
    yes most of the podcast are shitty but because i cant have noobtoob every hour i need to have something to keep me distracted, meanwhile i get my dosis of noob, until then i can laugh at how bad are some of them and how stupid are some.
    (i know im gonna get bashed for hearing all this so please just save your commentaries if you are gonna bash this post because im just being sincere and it took me effort to post this)

1UP Yours
    i like this one because everybody gets so stupid that it sometimes gets funny, and pretty much news and podcast whoring

Broken Pixels
    lets me see games that i shouldn't use my money on and is sometimes really fun

retronauts
    it recalls all the old times i havent been borned yet so i get to know a lil bit of the jhistory of old games

achievement junkie
    it brings daily news of 360 (im no fan boy) just like to know detail of what i posses

Buzz Out Loud
    this podcast with veronica belmont, Molly, and a dude i cant remember he's name they practically say all the rumors and news about tecnollogy almost everyday

CAGcast
    one host in New York and the other in Tokyo talk about some games and make really stupid but sometimes fun chat

David Pogue(audio)
    gives information of many products and gives reviews, the problem is that takes to long to update this

Atomix
    This one is a mexican gaming podcast they never have any news at time and they are so stupid but i like to laugh when they say a new that has been out like 1 monthh before, basically this is a company (also makes a magazine in mexico) that goes to all english places and makes a straight traduction to spanish they take advantange on all their listeners and readers that cant read english

EGM Live
    what can i say i just had to get any podcast from that web page i was bored

The Hotspot
    this is a nice pocast it has hot news and they have some humor, i do enjoy this one

Geek Brief
    a stupid lady pretending dhe knows what she is saying about tec

Go nintendo
    as you can see i'm no fanboy i like all brands i have nintendo and microsoft podcasts, though i still cant find a sony PS podcast
    this one just news about all ninty's

NYT Health Update
    some tips of health when you get this you can know a nice think sometime you didnt know, stuff like if you did this you could be healthier and is just 2 or 3 mins so is not difficult to hear this

IGN Games Podcasts
    you can get AFK and scoop they are so stupid that it gets funny, although i hate the fannyboys as in 1UP

IGN weekly video podcast
    it gives some reviews and exclusives the only problem is that it appeals the G4 crowd, but yet again pocast whoring :P :P

JETSET(video)
    random tec and sometimes kool things i am still asking myself if i am over whoring i really dont like this too much

Joystick Radio Show
    im new to this i dont know what to say other than i love how the voice that says "this is the joystic radio show" sounds*cough*pocast whoring*cough*

Mac OS Ken
    Mac news, i know, most of you dont care windows users just keep scrolling

David Pogue (video)
    same problem takes to long to update, but the sarcasm that he uses is killer

my bros podcast
    he just has some videos if you have time they are funny

NYT Talk
    New York Times tecnology podcast

Tecjnocracy Radio
    with the same host of Mac OS Ken so if you dont care of mac again i gotta say scroll!!

TeXtra
    i dont know why i still have this its badpodcast whoring

1UP Show
    is so stupid but they get also some exclusives and they do research a lil' mor than IGN

Mac Geek Gab
    com'n you wanna scroll this if dont care about mac

The WiiDS podcast
    some Ninty fanteens, what else can i say

The Wiire
    ninty news

Major Nelson
    Finally a microsofts worker in the gaming area sometimes is funny

so if you did read everything take in mind i took 1 hour writing this so at least put attention to the post you might get a nice pocast to add to your whoring list :) :) :)
  • Only other one I watch regularly is Diggnation http://revision3.com/diggnation

I watch some of the other ones at http://revision3.com/ as well such as Totally Rad Show, Ctrl-Alt-Chicken

Good stuff :P Diggnations really good.
  • Just one really...

The Major Nelson Podcast
  • i consider this a PodCast

www.purepwnage.com
  • If anyone can remember back in the days when G4 was TechTV there was a show called the Screen Savers, well this is so much like it and better.

http://hak5.org/
    Basically it's a tech program showing everything from hacks, and mods, to tips and tricks, anything and everything computer and sometime console related. They even host a featured monthly LAN party. These guys are great be sure to backtrack and watch from the first episode on. They run the show once a month with a 2 month break and posts on the 5th of the month.
  • i listen to:

ask a ninja

best of youtube

CBC Radio comedy factory

Comedy Central: stand up

Penn Radio (no more new episodes)

Real time with Bill Maher

Noobtoob

and xplay
  • Sunflower4000 said:
    Yuzo, we already have a topic like this, please use the search function to find it ;p

Heh yeah yeah, I know. We were pretty hard up for a homework this week though so what're ya gonna do? :)

Yw
  • Hey yuzo,

New listener, love your show.

Based on your recommendation, I checked out the the Gamestop Hotspot podcast.

Man, they are seriously full of themselves and severly jaded...

You guys always seem to bring the real deal to us!

Long live NOOBTOOB!!!!

OB
  • SyrusOB said:
    Hey yuzo,
    Based on your recommendation, I checked out the the Gamestop Hotspot podcast.

Man, they are seriously full of themselves and severly jaded...

Heh, yeah.. though compared to a lot of other gaming podcasts, their production values are pretty good and they throw in a good joke every once in a while. Now if you _really_ want to hear some guys that are full of themselves, try 1 Up Yours. The amount of navel gazing they do in their TWO+ HOUR PODCASTS (oh the humanity) is absolutely insane.

But thanks for the kind words. You be sure to tell us if we ever get too full of ourselves and jaded and snap us the hell out of it :) Too many podcasts get really big and popular and then throw all sense of good radio out the window. The big thing to watch out for is self indulgence -- that seems to be the first signal of a downhill trend.

Yw - hopefully the spiderman theme song doesn't fit that bill, but ya never know :).
  • I listen to the regulars on the list (hotspot, 1up yours, gamescoop etc) but I also listen to a lot of RPG podcasts. I'm trying to DM a bunch of guys and listening to for example:

Dragons Landing The biggest (imo). Mostly deals with fantasy and tries to not limit itself to D&D but fails to do so quite a lot.

Domain of Apokolipz. Deals with horror settings (call of cthulhu, world of darkness etc). They are currently recording an audio-play which takes place in the cthulhu setting, interesting if you are in to that.

Gamer's Haven is an gaming podcast for gamemasters of all systems. They are currently going through all the necessary steps you have to take to create a world.

...helps a lot.

I also listen to Screwattack Sidescrollers, Extra Life Radio and Mondo Movie (for discovering good old horror flicks)

I also listen to Radio Pleppo (don't even click it if you don't speak swedish :)). It's a all comedy, probably the best humour podcast out there. I dare anyone (who speaks swedish) to listen to "all makt åt tengil" and not laugh :)
  • GeekTech.TV

TheInstance

WCRadio.com
  • I listen to noobtoob, 1up yours and the art life podcast.
    http://artlife.podomatic.com/

I also slit my wrists to watch the blood ooze and because when you cut yourself, it produces a natural painkiller in your body which helps numb the pain in my soul.
  • Raymond said:
    I also slit my wrists to watch the blood ooze and because when you cut yourself, it produces a natural painkiller in your body which helps numb the pain in my soul.

Cheerful, I listen to the Nike and BBC Radio 1 podcast as well as NT
  • I'm kind of interested in starting to listen to an educational podcast, dealing with religion, anthropology, philosophy, psychology and so on, but I have no idea what to pick. Which university has a good podcast dealing with these subjects? (Mainly religion and antropology)
  • Charon said:
    I'm kind of interested in starting to listen to an educational podcast, dealing with religion, anthropology, philosophy, psychology and so on, but I have no idea what to pick. Which university has a good podcast dealing with these subjects? (Mainly religion and antropology)

Those don't really interest me, but have you tried the power search on itunes? That's how I found my astronomy podcast. Just try searching for those terms on there and see what pops up, in the podcast area.
  • tobin said:
    [quote=Charon]I'm kind of interested in starting to listen to an educational podcast, dealing with religion, anthropology, philosophy, psychology and so on, but I have no idea what to pick. Which university has a good podcast dealing with these subjects? (Mainly religion and antropology)

Those don't really interest me, but have you tried the power search on itunes? That's how I found my astronomy podcast. Just try searching for those terms on there and see what pops up, in the podcast area.[/quote]

Feel like learning something free? BAM!
    http://www.eliteskills.com/free_education/?foo=x

You're welcome :P (I'm trying the Italian atm but man, I just can't seem to learn it :P)
  • OK, thanks. It feels weird to want to study on my spare time (schools out till end of summer) and after a month of saying "do you want fries with that?" I feel pretty safe to say I could learn a hell of a lot more.

That "free education" site had quite a lot of fnu-ness, will start with the podcast section. I couldn't stand to learn a third language (Swedish, English atm), I've tried German but I can't stand the constant memorization of words and the grammar makes my head spin. Currently I have the lowest grade possible (for passing) in German.

Humanistic is the way to go :D (newbie to wingo for awesome site)
  • Charon said:

Humanistic is the way to go :D (newbie to wingo for awesome site)

nOObie! :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week