Permantent View Preferances
  • Hey, I was wondering if there is any easy way to make it so when you log in or click on one of the 3 forums or a discussion, it automatiacally remebers how you like to view the posts/threads.

Example: When you log in it shows automaticaly http://www.noobtoob.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts
    (Posts since Last visit) instead of the main forums page

Example: When you click on a Topic it shows the posts in decending order, ie new ones first, its kinda annoying to have to scroll down to find the new posts if youve read all the old ones earlier.

So on and so forth, It might be way too hard but it was a cool idea I had, hope yall like it too
  • :shock: i have no idea whats wrong with your settings mine show up fine my first forum page is the three sections then if i pick one i get stickied/announcement posts at top and last posted one first going in descending order towards oldest
  • Mine does that also, im talking aout within each forum, not what your talking about
  • .....O.o err if you sya so :?
  • He's talking about having the posts within a thread show up in reversed order, with newest at the top of the first page and the oldest being pushed down.

Its an alright idea.

You could always just click the image to go to the latest post in the thread though. But yeah... Goodluck!
  • ahhh ok got it now pardon my memory lapse but anywho i ersonally prefer it like this find it easier to catch up
  • That is why I said you could do it so you can set your own preferances, what way everyone gets what they like
  • Cridec said:
    That is why I said you could do it so you can set your own preferances, what way everyone gets what they like

If you can find a phpbb mod that does what you suggest, let us know and we'll take a look at installing it.

None of us are forum experts. :)
  • If you can find a phpbb mod that does what you suggest, let us know and we'll take a look at installing it.

None of us are forum experts. :)[/quote]

lol uhhhh I dont even know what that is lol, I guess im screwed mabey gwenster can shed some light, he seems pretty informed lol, or someone else Got any suggestions people?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week